Ultimate Tinymce Pro users - Please check the new section below titled WP Edit Pro. Lot's of new, exciting changes coming our way!!
Check out the NEW Ultimate Tinymce WIKI site.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
4.3.1 attempts to load off-site file
04-04-2013, 04:18 AM
4.3.1 attempts to load off-site file
Version 4.3.1 adds an action to 'wp_footer' that calls jwl_rocket_button(). That function includes jwl_rocket.php, which does a file_get_contents() of a text file on soizastudios dot com. If URL file access is disabled (which should be the case for vast the majority of live sites), this chucks out warnings at the front end!!
1. If URL file access is disabled it should not result in warnings all over the front end of my website
2. Please don't try to load an off-site text file into my website when I have no idea, or control over, what might be in that foreign file!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2013, 04:58 AM
RE: 4.3.1 attempts to load off-site file
Hello wizzud,

I completely understand. What I am trying to do here is develop an API for a feature I would like to implement called "Visual QR Codes". The API will allow a user to enter a custom image of their choosing. Then, this function will call the Visual QR Code site.. and load the content of the image into the plugin... which will then get shown on each page the user wishes to use the Visual QR Code.

This is still in development.. which is why the contents of that file is empty. But, I needed to test some WP functionality with the code I'm considering using.

I believe I have fixed the issue where it generates a warning if the contents of that file are empty.

Could you please re-install version 4.3.1 of the plugin... and see if it fixes the warning message?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2013, 10:51 AM
v4.3.1.1 suppresses the warnings, thank you.

fyi you have a typo in jwl_rocket.php : you are assigning to $ouput but testing $output (note the spelling difference).
You might want to consider just...
if(!empty($ouput)){
echo SpinTax("$ouput");
}
Also, I'm not quite clear what you're expecting to retrieve from the remote site, but it would appear that you are looking for a specific pattern before continuing to process the string : might I suggest that it would be safer (from my point of view, as a user) to return an empty string (or a specific string) if the required pattern match is not found? Just returning the retrieved string unchanged seems a tad insecure, seeing as it's simply echoed out to the page regardless? Just a suggestion.
04-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Hi there.
Yeah, we are aware of that typo. It's fixed on the beta version, and we are currently looking into ways of optimizing the code.
Thanks for letting us know, though.