Ultimate Tinymce Pro users - Please check the new section below titled WP Edit Pro. Lot's of new, exciting changes coming our way!!
Check out the NEW Ultimate Tinymce WIKI site.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
session_start problem
01-17-2013, 07:07 PM
session_start problem
Using codemagic button causes this error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/srroddy/srroddy.com/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-tinymce/addons/codemagic/codemagic.php:4) in /home/srroddy/srroddy.com/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406

Anyone else having this problem? As a temporary solution i added the following to the top of codemagic.php

Code:
<?php session_start(); ?>

However every time I update plugin, i have to fix again. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2013, 02:50 PM
RE: session_start problem
I am looking into this...

Please allow me a day for troubleshooting.

Thank you VERY much for posting!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Wow... that fixed it. I've been having this trouble for a while. It seems that all other plugins that have short code ability caused this. Sure appreciate having a remedy.

I also would like to know the permanent answer.

Thanks again.

Thanks for your hard work with your plugin Josh!!!
01-19-2013, 09:59 PM
The errors are random... and generate when certain plugins or themes are activated. I haven't yet been able to find a 'solid' solution because it happens so randomly.

I'm still looking into this... and will keep it at the top of my list.

Please also let me know if any of your find any additional information.

Thanks!!
01-25-2013, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 07:12 PM by Marventus.)
Hello guys.
There was an e-mail on the wp-forums list today regarding an increase in "Header already sent by" issues from Esmi. Here is what she said (in case you are not subscribed):

Quote:It seems to me that there has been a quite sudden rise in the number of posts reporting header already sent messages - all with issues in line 1 of their theme's functions.php

Doesn't appear to be a common theme involved either - judging by the theme folder names. Could this be a failed hack? Or the same dodgy theme supplier that caused the rash of jquerye.com errors?

Esmi

Do you guys think it could be related? Another hypothesis being considered is whether the people with this issue have any factors in common, like hosting provider, for instance, although according to Esmi again there doesn't seem to be any obvious factors between posters.
01-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Thanks Marventus,

Yes, this is an issue we need to add to the top of our list. It definitely needs to be further researched. I have answered numerous posts regarding this very issue.

I too, have failed to find any common ground between issues. Typically, it is because of another plugin. Deactivating the plugin generating the message will restore default functionality.

One note is they all seem to "stem" from the addons folder when it's affecting ultimate tinymce. I never see the warning in the root anywhere.

We should stay on top of this.
01-26-2013, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 04:46 PM by Josh.)
Okay. I think Marventus and I have made some progress on these warnings being thrown. In all honesty, I think it was something in our plugin.

We are currently testing some other snippets of code... and hope to have this resolved by the end of the weekend. We will push out a new update as soon as we verify it was indeed our issue.

Thanks everyone for your continued patience!!